Contact me by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
So you just want to see photos of Sutherland activities? Click here to see my Picasa Albums.
Things that are static -- not requiring regular change -- can be found at my website:http://sites.google.com/site/kbenoy/.
- Monday, February 4 - Introduction and Expectations. Course Outline. If time, we will watch James Nagle's short video: Why do We Study History. Unit 1 Plan. Topic #1 Questions and Map Assignment - use this map blank or locate one of your own.
- Tuesday, February 5 - Historiography and Historical Interpretation PowerPoint. Go to The History Guide and look at their page entitled "A Student's Guide to the Study of History" for useful tips on how to approach this and other history courses. These are university level tips, but good advice for History 12 too.
- Wednesday, February 6 - Theories of History PowerPoint.
- Thursday, February 7 - Writing History essays & MLA style . Work on Topic 1 questions.
- Friday, February 8 - District Professional Day. Get caught up and relax a bit.
Block 2 can link to Mr. Wong's blog at: misterwong.weebly.com
- Monday, February 4 - Introduction and Expectations. Course Outline. Texts assigned.
- Tuesday, February 5 -Complete text book sign-out if not done Monday. Mind Map (explained in class -- not for marks). Complete up to #15 on the Atlas Worksheet for homework.
- Wednesday, February 6 - Country memorization game. Take up #1-15 of the Atlas Worksheet. Complete the rest of the questions for next class. Canada Map Assignment (10 marks - due Monday).
- Thursday, February 7 - Take up homework (the Atlas worksheet) -- If your teacher collects it in class it will be marked out of 3 marks, based on completion. Do your best, even if you have errors you can still earn 3/3. Video -Types of Maps and Map Projections. Look at Geographical Essentials text, pp. 4-11 - "Map Basics." The Basic ingredients of all maps - Outlines, Direction, Colour & Symbols (and a key or legend, Scale. Scale Worksheet. If you have trouble grasping how scale works, get the basics from this BBC elementary school level site on the subject. A really nice advanced summary can be found at this National Resources Canada site.
- Friday, February 8 - Today is a District Professional Day. No classes are in session.