Saturday, June 14, 2008

June 16-20


Classes have finished and the provincial exam is on Friday.
The Social Studies 11 exam is on Friday, June 20, from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in the Math rooms. You are placed alphabetically, so arrive early and get to the right location.
Some of you are writing in an alternate setting. You will be in room D107. I have talked to you each on two occassions now about this, so you know who you are. Go right to the alternate room. Your exam will come to you.
Remember, this is a provincial exam. If you miss it or are late, there is no chance of getting an extension or of writing it at another time -- unless you are prepared to wait months for the next set sitting time.
The exam is worth 20% of your mark in this course. This means you need to move roughly 5% on the exam to move 1% in your over-all mark.
Bring your text books to the exam. I will collect them from you in the hallway there. If you do not hand back your text, you will receive a bill at your exam.
Study Ning:
I have a social network site dedicated to preparing for the Social Studies 11 final. It is closed to the outside world to allow open discussion within it. You need an invitation to join. Just send me an e-mail at kbenoy@nvsd44.bc.ca and I will reply to it with your invitation.
Study Skills on My Website:
I also have a study skills page on my open website.
Open Exam Preparation Workshop:
I will hold an exam prep. workshop from 1:00 to 4:00 pm on Wednesday, June 18, in my room - D208. This is purely optional and all are welcome to attend -- including students in Mr. Nichols' classes.
The focus of this workshop is on how to write the test, rather than how to prepare for it. The workshop that Mr. Aw Yong and I presented at the end of first semester seemed to be helpful, so this will be similarly organized.
The handouts used in the workshop are as follows:
Good Luck on Friday!