Saturday, April 02, 2011

April 4-8

















Contact me by e-mail at:http://kbenoy@nvsd44.bc.ca/

Things that are static -- not requiring regular change -- can be found at my website:http://sites.google.com/site/kbenoy/. You will be glad to know that now I have a prep. block, I am once again updating my website.

This blogsite will have all of the changing material -- lesson plans and links to assignments. I will try to ensure that all assignments are posted here.If you see something underlined, it means that you can click on the item to have it appear. I will do this for all pdf documents, PowerPoints, videos, and even some music.

Social Studies 8

Mr. Nann, a student teacher from UBC, will work with you for the next little while. I will be in and out of the classroom during this block -- but I remain available for extra help, even on material Mr. Nann is teaching. This is an excellent opportunity to take advantage of all the tutorial help we have with all of the adult bodies in this class. Mr. Nann's blogsite works much like my own.

He will post his lessons at: http://nannsocials.blogspot.com/

Do not hesitate to contact me for help if you need it. My job satisfaction comes from your success -- even if I have a student teacher working with you.

Social Studies 11


This class has the honour of working with our UBC student teacher, Mr. Nann. He will be with us for about half of the term. I will be in and out of the class, but I am always available for extra help, before school, at noon (except Wednesdays) and after school. Take advantage of the extra help available this semester!

Mr. Nann's blogsite is at: http://nannsocials.blogspot.com/


History 12


You must be sure to visit The History Guide for excellent background material supporting this course.

We are not badly off planned timing and will complete Topic #3 this week. However, it would be foolish to test on the day following the Grad Boat Cruise -- and, I think, not wise to do so on Friday either. I am, therefore, making an executive decision to move the Topic #3 test to next Monday -- April 11 -- (along with the submission of Topic #3 work). This material is coming in a little too late for the report card in any case.

We will start Topic #4 material on Thursday.