For those of you new to my blogsite, it is intended to work alongside my website at: http://sites.google.com/site/kbenoy/
Use this blog to see what is coming up each week. I will usually post it on Saturdays for the following week. If you are away, you can check up on what you are missing. There is no reason for you not to know what is happening. If you do not have an Internet connection, you certainly know someone who does. If too ill to work while away, be sure to attach a note from home to any overdue work when you hand it in and I will most likely waive any late deduction.If you can't read the PowerPoint material on your computer, download PowerPoint Viewer from Microsoft. It is free.
Cool tech tip for Google searches. Did you know that Google allows you to search in a mind-map format -- with the standard search still showing in a sidebar on the right. Here is a quick introduction toGoogle's "Wonder Wheel" search.
Sutherland has a license to access Discovery Education's United Streaming video collection.
Please note: North Vancouver schools have a hold-back imposed on our supplies budget. As a result, I shall be handing out far fewer paper handouts in class than in the past. Fortunately it is all available here, online. Paper copies will be made available for many items only to those students who specifically request them because they have difficulty accessing online material. Help me save money for the school and also preserve forests by using online material as much as possible.
- Monday, April 5 - I would say "relax - today is Easter Monday," but many of you have catching up to do! Relax if you've earned it. Report cards loom and the first term ended last Friday.
- Tuesday, April 6 - Complete Hitler & the Rise of the Nazis. Begin Appeasement (base notes) if time - also on PowerPoint. Essay #2 is due today.
- Wednesday, April 7 - Complete the Appeasement lecture (base notes) if need be. Watch the following two excerpts from the 20th Century History Series; Appeasement part 1 & part 2. We will fill in the remainder of the time, if any, with a video - Possibly from the Road to War series.
- Thursday, April 8 - If available, video The Road to War; The Soviet Union. This will be followed by The Road to War; Japan.
- Friday, April 9 - Complete The Road to War; Japan. Watch The Road to War; France.
- Monday, April 5 - Easter Monday. A few of you can relax, the rest need to catch up at this time. Report cards loom and the first term ended last Friday.
- Tuesday, April 6 - Romanesque Sculpture PowerPoint. Work on Great Thaw package.
- Wednesday, April 7 - The Western Tradition; Episode 20; The Feudal Order video. Work on the Great Thaw package.
- Thursday, April 8 - Video – Art of the Western World; A White Garment of Churches. Work on Great Thaw package.
- Friday, April 9 - Romanesque to Gothic Architecture.PowerPoint. (Slides & Demonstration next class). Work on Great Thaw package.
Note: We have the pleasure of working with Mr. St. Laurent, a student teacher from UBC, this term. I still have over-all responsibility for the class, but Mr. St. Laurent will do most of the teaching for the next few weeks. There is no shortage of extra help available to you between the two of us!
Find Mr. St. Laurent's lesson plans at:http://mrstlaurent.blogspot.com/ .