Contact me by e-mail at: email@example.com
So you just want to see photos of Sutherland activities? Click here to see my Picasa Albums.
Things that are static -- not requiring regular change -- can be found at my website:http://sites.google.com/site/kbenoy/.
- Monday, February 18 - Europe Before World War I - the Alliance system (Russia/France/Britain). Begin looking at the nations of Europe before the War. Base notes. Work on Topic #2 Questions.
- Tuesday, February 19 - Unit Test, Topic #1.
- Wednesday, February 20 - Continue with the nations of Europe before the war - finish Russia/France/Britain - base notes -- then continue with the Ottoman Empire/Germany & Italy - base notes.
- Thursday, February 21 - Finish the countries of Europe before the war. - base notes. If time, look at causes of the war and reasons for peace in 1914 - base notes.
- Friday, February 22 - Introductory video & music. Begin lecture on WW1, The Opening Phases of the War (base notes) PowerPoint. We will probably get into Stalemate - 1915-1916 (base notes) today too.
- Monday, February 18 - Hand in School to Home maps. Take up Activity 9 #1-4 and Activity 10. Introduction to military grid. Military Grid Worksheet. Complete the Letter/Number Grid Worksheet for homework.
- Tuesday, February 19 - Take up any problems with military grid. Take up the Letter/Number Grid worksheet. Latitude introduction -- Geographical Essentials pp. 32-35. Key lines of latitude and why we have seasons -- see the video Geography Seasons for this. Introduction video to Latitude and Longitude (Sorry, this is not available online) with questions. Complete the Latitude #1 worksheet for homework. If latitude & longitude is still puzzling to you, see this very simple video explanation. For a more detailed explanation, see this US College video -- given at a decent Canadian high school level of difficulty. Of course if you prefer something really cheesy, try Longitude and Latitude.
- Wednesday, February 20 - Take up any problems with Latitude #1. Countries memory game - list by continents. Review video on the seasons and important lines of latitude. Quiz on important lines of latitude. Hand in quiz and pick up and start working on Latitude #2 worksheet -- to be completed for homework.
- Thursday, February 21 - Watch GEG-103-OL; Latitude and Longitude. (If this video is a bit difficult for you, watch the following quick videos at home: What Causes the Seasons on Earth, Absolute vs. Relative Location and Latitude and Longitude.) Demonstration of latitude and longitude using Google Earth. Complete the Longitude worksheet for homework.
- Friday, February 22 - Memory game - another variation on the countries list. Take up the Longitude worksheet. Latitude and Longitude Race - in groups of 3 or 4 people -- complete the handout before any other group in the class. Earth Grid worksheet to be completed for homework.