Things that are static -- not requiring regular change -- can be found at my website: http://sites.google.com/site/kbenoy/. You will be glad to know that now I have a prep. block, I am once again updating my website.
This blogsite will have all of the changing material -- lesson plans and links to assignments. I will try to ensure that all assignments are posted here.If you see something underlined, it means that you can click on the item to have it appear. I will do this for all pdf documents, PowerPoints, videos, and even some music.
- Monday, February 7 - Take up scale worksheet. Countries game - girls vs boys. Direction on maps - points on a compass. -- introduction and video clip. Direction & Scale Worksheet. Struggling with figuring out how compass directions work? Use this simple elementary school explanation from the BBC in Britain.
- Tuesday, February 8 - Take up Direction & Scale Worksheet (I may or may not do a homework check - worth 3 marks for completion). Animaniacs countries song. Introduction to map symbols. Video clip on map symbols - colour. Symbols worksheet - complete for homework. For a really simple (elementary school level) explanation of map symbols, see this National Geographic site. Rather more advanced and rather cheesy is this 1967 US Department of Defense educational video dealing with map symbols.
- Wednesday, February 9 - Take up homework -- Symbols Worksheet. Naming countries contest. More symbols review - Symbols Worksheet 2 - complete for homework. Also complete the assignment: Continents and Major Water Bodies map - 10 marks. Due next class. Completely unrelated to learning map skills, but entertaining, is this video clip - MacGyver; How to Use a Map.
- Thursday, February 10 - Hand in the map assignment. Take up homework. Quiz - Scale & Directions. Introduction to grids. Geographical Essentials, pp. 15-19. Activity 9 #1-3, Complete #4 and Activity 10 for homework. Map Assignment - School to Home (valued at 10 marks - due Monday).
- Friday, February 11 - Take up Activity 9 #1-4 and Activity 10 work. Introduction to military grid. Military Grid Worksheet. Complete the Letter/Number Grid Worksheetfor homework.
- Monday, February 7 - Themes and Topics in History 12. Work on Topic 1 questions.
- Tuesday, February 8 - If need be we will complete the PowerPoint Themes and Topics before moving on to the Topic #1 quiz. Pick up Topic #2 Plan and Topic #2 Questions.
- Wedmesday, February 9 - Begin Imperialism & Social DarwinismPowerPoint (base notes). Work on topic 2 questions. See what Nigerian writer Chinua Achebe has to say about Imperialism in Africa in this YouTube video.
- Thursday, February 10 - Complete our introduction to Europe Before World War I - the Alliance system. Part 2. Begin looking at the nations of Europe before the War. Base notes. Work on Topic #2 Questions.
- Friday, February 11 - Continue with the nations of Europe before the war - finish Russia/France/Britain -base notes -- then continue with the Ottoman Empire/Germany & Italy - base notes.